Urethritis Singapore: Urethritis clinic, Singapore. Private and confidential service. Definitions, references, and latest news.
Table of ContentsUrethritis is inflammation of the urethra. The most common symptom is dysuria (painful urination), followed by urethral discharge / genital discharge. For treatment purposes, it is classified in two categories:
- Gonococcal urethritis
- Non-gonococcal urethritis (NGU) Common causes are:
- Lower urinary tract
- Upper urinary tract
- In men, it is rare. But when it happens in sexually active men, it is frequently caused by STD.
- In women, it is frequently caused by Escherichia coli originating from the anus.
Lower UTI symptoms are
- Painful urination (dysuria)
- Frequent urination (urinary frequency) and/or frequent urge to urinate (urinary urgency)
- Cloudy urine or blood in urine (haematuria/hematuria)
- Functional disorders: Sexual dysfunction
- Inflammatory conditions
- Degenerative disorders
- Developmental disorders of the penis
- Developmental disorders of the testis