Hypogonadism, Singapore - Shim Clinic
Hypogonadism / late-onset hypogonadism (LOH) screening/diagnosis, testing/check, treatment clinic, Singapore. Private and confidential service. Definitions, references, and latest news.
- Testosterone Deficiency Syndrome (TDS)
- Testosterone Test
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT)
- Male hypogonadism
- Female hypogonadism
Male hypogonadism is a clinical syndrome caused by androgen deficiency. Causes:
- Primary hypogonadism, or hypergonadotropic hypogonadism (high LH and/or FSH), or primary testicular failure. Eg: Klinefelters syndrome, Cryptorchidism
- Secondary hypogonadism, or hypogonadotropic hypogonadism (low LH and/or FSH), due to a defect in the hypothalamus or the pituitary.
- Late onset hypogonadism (LOH)
- Male hypogonadism due to androgen receptor insensitivity
Late-onset hypogonadism (LOH) is defined as hypogonadism in a person who has had normal pubertal development and as a result developed normal male secondary sex characteristics.
- G.R. Dohle, S. Arver, C. Bettocchi, S. Kliesch, M. Punab, W. de Ronde. Guidelines on Male Hypogonadism European Association of Urology 2012
- G.R. Dohle, S. Arver, C. Bettocchi, S. Kliesch, M. Punab, W. de Ronde. Guidelines on Male Hypogonadism II European Association of Urology 2012
- A. Morales, B. Lunenfeld. Investigation, treatment and monitoring of late-onset hypogonadism in males The Aging Male 2002;5:74-86