Postinor® Singapore: Emergency contraceptive / contraception pill (ECP) / morning-after pill / day-after pill clinic, Singapore. Private and confidential service. Definitions, references, and latest news.
- Hormonal contraceptive
- Emergency contraceptive / Emergency contraception
- Levonorgestrel 0.75mg/tablet x 2 tablets, taken 12 hours apart. - effective up to 3 days (72 hours) after sex.
- Levonorgestrel 1.5mg/tablet x 1 tablet. - effective up to 3 days (72 hours) after sex.
- Ulipristal 30mg/tab x 1 tab - effective up to 5 days (120 hours) after sex.
Advice / points to note about taking emergency contraceptives:
- The emergency contraceptive is more effective the sooner it is taken after sex.
- Within 24 hours, it prevents 95% of pregnancies.
- Between 24-48 hours, it prevents 85% of pregnancies.
- Between 48-72 hours, it prevents 58% of pregnancies.
- Up to 5 days after intercourse, it has progressively decreasing effectiveness.
- It is recommended that it should not be used more than twice in a month.
- Other methods of regular contraception are usually recommended: condom, oral contraceptive (OC), and contraceptive patch.
- It may cause a temporary disruption in the rhythm of the regular menstrual cycle. But if the next menstrual cycle does not come, then a pregnancy test should be done.
- In a few people, it may cause some of the following side effects:
- The morning-after / day-after emergency contraceptive is not available over the counter.
- It is available only by prescription, after seeing a doctor.
- Boyfriends cannot consult with the doctor on behalf of his girlfriend.
- The girl herself must register to see the doctor.
- The girl must be 16 years of age or older when the sex occurred.
- Do not ask if we know of other clinics providing this medication. We are not a directory service.
- It is in stock at this clinic, NOW!
- Condom failure results in Unprotected sex:
- Other contraceptive failure