Methisoprinol | Shim Clinic, Singapore
Methisoprinol Clinic Singapore: Methisoprinol / Isoprinosine® / Inosine pranobex and HPV (Human papillomavirus) infection / genital warts clinic, Singapore. Private and confidential service. Definitions, references, and latest news.
Keywords: Methisoprinol Clinic Singapore, Singapore Methisoprinol Clinic, Methisoprinol Singapore, Singapore Methisoprinol, Methisoprinol.
Methisoprinol / Isoprinosine® / Inosine pranobex and HPV (human papillomavirus) infection / genital warts treatment
- "Regression of HPV-associated diseases with significantly decreased degree of patients complains and remaining lesions, as well as elimination of viral particles were demonstrated after treatment with combined mode of isoprinosine in comparison with both routine treatments and Isoprinosine mono-treatment options. Antiviral effects of isoprinosine can be related with activation of lymphocytes subsets, are responsible for the host antiviral defense, and synergistic action of different treatment modalities of HPV."
Eliseeva M.Yu., Manukhin I.B., Mynbaev O.A., Zvereva N.S., Mishutina A.A., Tcarev V.N. Antiviral effect of isoprinosine in HPV-associated diseases Journal "Obstetrics and Gynecology", No2/2012
- "inosiplex can be successfully used as adjunct to conventional therapy or it may represent a promising therapeutic alternative in the treatment of HPV infection."
Katoulis, A. and Georgala, S. Oral inosiplex in the treatment of cervical condylomata acuminata: a randomised placebo-controlled trial. Authors response to: BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, (2007), 114: 509–510. doi: 10.1111/j.1471-0528.2007.01263.x
- "Compared with placebo, inosiplex showed considerable efficacy with insignificant and reversible adverse effects and without recurrences. Inosiplex may represent an efficacious and safe alternative systemic form of therapy for cervical genital warts."
Georgala, S., Katoulis, A., Befon, A., Georgala, C. and Rigopoulos, D. Oral inosiplex in the treatment of cervical condylomata acuminata: a randomised placebo-controlled trial. Short communication: BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, (2006), 113: 1088–1091. doi: 10.1111/j.1471-0528.2006.01041.x
- "The effectiveness of Isoprinosine in treating HPV16 infected patients was 87,5% after one therapy cycle and 100% after two therapy cycles. Preparation is well tolerated and does not cause marked side effects."
Kadrova, A.; Kuznestov, V.; Podistov, U.; Bruzgin, V.; Strelstova, O. Isoprinosine in Treatment of Cervical Intraepithelial Neoplasia (Cin I-III) and Cervical Cancer (Cc) in Situ Affected Patients With Human Papillomavirus (Hpv): 000308 International Journal of Gynecological Cancer. 15():136-137, September/October 2005.
- "The use of this antiviral agent [methisoprinol] appeared to offer a significant enhancement to the surgical management of PVL."
Femiano F., Gombos F., Scully C. Oral proliferative verrucous leukoplakia (PVL); open trial of surgery compared with combined therapy using surgery and methisoprinol in papillomavirus-related PVL International Journal of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery - August 2001 (Vol. 30, Issue 4, Pages 318-322, DOI: 10.1054/ijom.2001.0066)
- "inosine pranobex demonstrated a significant pharmacological activity in subclinical HPV infection of the vulva and should be considered an alternative treatment for the condition."
Tay Sun Kuie (Singapore General Hospital, Senior Consultant, Clinical Associate Professor) Efficacy of inosine pranobex oral therapy in subclinical human papillomavirus infection of the vulva: a randomized double-blinded placebo controlled study Int J STD AIDS July 1, 1996 7: 276-280, doi:10.1258/0956462961917960
- "Clinical studies to date involving the use of isoprinosine alone or in combination appear to have established the role of this safe and easily administered oral drug in increasing the chances of total eradication of condylomatous lesions and sparing a high percentage of patients from having to undergo repeated and more traumatic therapies."
O'Neill BB, Robins DS. Isoprinosine in the treatment of genital warts. Cancer Detect Prev. 1988;12(1-6):497-501.
- "Although more patients given inosine pranobex improved than those given placebo, the difference in general response between the two groups was not significant. When other variables (numbers of warts and extent of lesions) were considered, however, the patients given inosine pranobex fared significantly better. These results suggest that inosine pranobex may be worth considering as adjunct to treatment of patients with refractory genital warts."
Davidson-Parker J, Dinsmore W, Khan M H, Hicks D A, Morris C A, Morris D F Immunotherapy of genital warts with inosine pranobex and conventional treatment: double blind placebo controlled study. Genitourin Med. 1988 December; 64(6): 383–386.
- "Inosine pranobex was found to be more effective in lesions of longer duration, whereas conventional treatment was more effective in genital warts of a shorter duration. Supplementation of conventional treatment with inosine pranobex increased the success rate from 41% to 94%. Immunological studies in 134 patients with genital warts showed an increased number of B cells in 21% of peripheral blood samples."
Mohanty K C and Scott C S Immunotherapy of genital warts with inosine pranobex (Imunovir): preliminary study. Genitourin Med. 1986 October; 62(5): 352–355.
- "The combined use of CO2 laser and Isoprinosine reduces significantly the number of recurring condyloma acuminata, and appears to us to be an effective form of treatment."
Sadoul G, Beuret T. [Treatment of cervical and vulvar condylomata by co2 laser also with a immunostimulant]. [Article in French] Rev Fr Gynecol Obstet. 1984 Nov;79(11):681-4.